Car Mama answers your questions! A reader recently sent this:
Q. Dear Car Mama: I live on Long Island with my three kids, husband, and our nanny. My husband and I both work full-time and like to fill our weekends with adventure, as well as soccer games and trips to the park. I would like a luxury SUV with All Wheel Drive (or 4 Wheel Drive) that has captains chairs in the 2nd row and an easy-to-access 3rd row. My husband already has a GMC Denali, so I don't want another one of those. And I really don't want a minivan. Suggestions?
|Buick Enclave Interior|
- Infiniti QX56 (very luxurious with bold design, but large console between captain's chairs limits access to 3rd row)
- New Ford Explorer (satisfies all criteria if you get a Limited edition with captains chairs in 2nd row)
- Buick Enclave (same platform as the Chevrolet Traverse; with captain's chairs in 2nd row you can have a walk thru to 3rd row)
- Audi Q7 (no captain's chairs in 2nd row, but it's great in the snow)
- Lexus LX (3rd row seats in new LX are jump seats that fold up on side, so cargo space is limited when 3rd row is not deployed; but very luxurious)
- Mercedes-Benz GL (standard Mercedes-Benz luxury; not much leg room in 3rd row, but OK for kids; no walk-thru option in 2nd row)
- Lincoln Navigator (big, high off the ground, boring design, but nice inside; console in 2nd row limits access to 3rd tow)
- Ford Flex (perfect if you want minivan capabilities without an actual minivan; new model year has Eco-boost engine & updated styling)
- Toyota Sienna minivan (AWD available)
- Nissan Quest minivan (doesn't have AWD, but it's nice, easy to drive, easy access to all rows, easy cargo space, and just makes sense for a family of 5+)
Have a question for Car Mama? You've got options! Email to email@example.com, Message via Twitter @car_mama, or post on our Facebook page, Car Mama.
(c) Copyright 2010-2016. Erika JN Fish. Car Mama. All Rights Reserved.