Monday, July 9, 2012

Are Quattros Taking Over Minnesota?

(c) MN Audi Clubs
Today I made the following observation: There were more German-engineered cars in the parking lot of my health club this morning than I saw after driving 1100 miles in Minnesota last month. With one exception: Audi.

I was surprised by the number of Audis I saw in Minnesota when compared with seeing only five Mercedes-Benz (two SUVs, two sedans, one SLK driven by a 19-year-old show off) and two BMWs (one of which was in the garage of my cousin). It was like being on car Safari and watching for the elusive GLK and 528i. 

It's not surprising that Audi vehicles with Quattro sell well in snowy territories, but the ratio was so heavily weighted with Quattros, there must be something else to this. Does Audi advertise more than other luxury brands in Minnesota? Are the dealerships more plentiful? Does any of this have to do with Vikings?


I didn't watch enough TV during my two weeks in the state to notice advertising trends. And in a web search I find only three Audi dealers in the entire state, and I don't think any of them were started by former Vikings football stars.


What do you think? Is it the Quattro? Or the cool headlights?



(c) Copyright 2010-2016. Erika JN Fish. Car Mama. All Rights Reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment